[Ctk-developers] External projects in commontk github organization

Marco Nolden m.nolden at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Jun 8 07:59:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

I think inside of the CTK repository we should focus on technologies
that are standardized, like we currently do with DICOM Q/R and
application hosting. Having a MIDAS client is probably useful for a lot
of people, but I would prefer to put most of the client implementation
in the MIDAS repository and enable it as an (optional) external project
if we have a use case. Or MIDAS could enable CTK as a "binding" (sorry I
do not know enough about MIDAS) and provide a CTK plugin that could be
used by other CTK-based systems. I think this is the general idea of
having a component based approach and a plugin framework.

Marco