[Ctk-developers] CTK Update to latest DCMTK

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Fri Jul 29 08:57:25 EDT 2011

As a repeat of my comment in
https://github.com/commontk/CTK/commit/1414293aec6c76bc5788e3ade9979150974bc568#commitcomment-502862

"Instead of specifying "origin/master", would it be possible to use a
specific SHA1 as a GIT_TAG. Doing so will be more deterministic and ensure
all developers / checkout will behave the same way. Before, origin/patched
associated with our own DCMTK was a "controller" moving target."

Marco>
   Would using a specific SHA1 can be considered as satisfactory ?

To speed up the checkout we can also keep commontk mirror and remove the
patched branch.

Thanks,
Jc

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Stephen Aylward <
stephen.aylward at kitware.com> wrote:

> Thank you!  This is going to be extremely useful!
>
> Stephen
>
> ----
> Stephen R. Aylward, Ph.D.
> Director of Medical Imaging Research
> 919-969-6990 x300
>
> * Sent from an Android Tablet.  Please forgive the typos and terseness.
>  On Jul 29, 2011 4:55 AM, "OFFIS DICOM Team" <dicom at offis.de> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > the last two days I merged my changes regarding the adaptation of CTK to
> the
> > latest DCMTK back in to the CTK master branch. I commited this stuff a
> few
> > minutes ago.
> >
> > I also included some fixes where I stumbled over things that seemed wrong
> > me. Further, I added minor features at some positions, e.g. color support
> > for the DICOM thumbnail/image rendering. Overall, I only worked on the
> DICOM
> > parts, 99% on /Libs/DICOM, mostly the Core part.
> >
> > I also changed the repository location in the superbuild to fetch DCMTK
> from
> > the official OFFIS repository at http://git.dcmtk.org/dcmtk.git . That
> works
> > for me here.
> >
> > Nevertheless, since these are my first actual commits to CTK, I expect
> that
> > I have done some mistakes, hopefully not too many serious ones ;) Please
> > tell me and I will correct that as soon as possible.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Michael
> >
> > --
> > OFFIS DICOM Team, Escherweg 2, 26121 Oldenburg, Germany
> > E-Mail: dicom at offis.de, URL: http://dicom.offis.de

+1 919 869 8849