[Ctk-developers] CTK license and copyright

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Thu Jul 14 12:17:01 EDT 2011

Excellent !

For reference, I just found the following links:
 - http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/natty/man1/licensecheck.1.html
 - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LicenseReviewProcessImprovementSpec

Would you like to create a CMake module named for example
LicenseCheckTest.cmake ?  :)

That module could for example contain a macro named:
add_licensecheck_test(NAME <name> FILES <files> ....)

The test would fail with the list of files not having a license.

We could also think about an option allowing to specify keywords
representative of the incompatible license ...

That way we would have a systematic way of making sure that source files
have the proper license header ...

Using githook to prevent the problem of happening upstream could also be a
solution ...

What do you think?

Thanks
Jc