[Ctk-developers] getting things to work in windows

Mark Roden mmroden at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 13:43:57 EST 2011

Hi Julien,

Ah, this may be why I'm unable to run cmake directly-- there is no
qmake in my d:\qt\bin directory, only in the qmake directory.

There is a d:\qt\qt\bin directory that has a qmake in it.  Hopefully,
it's the same thing.

I get this error next:
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:788 (MESSAGE):
  It appears you're trying to use Visual Studio with Qt built by mingw
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMake/ctkMacroSetupQt.cmake:29 (FIND_PACKAGE)
  CMakeLists.txt:280 (ctkMacroSetupQt)

Since I selected the option to allow qt to install mingw on my system,
I then deleted the cmake cache and tried to rerun with the option to
use mingw as the makefile generator, resulting in:
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
"MinGW Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need
to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
"MinGW Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need
to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:D:/src/ctk/CTK-build64/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:D:/src/ctk/CTK-build64/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Any thoughts on where to go next?

I personally think that this is a cmake problem-- it appears that Qt
changed their versioning to be more year-based than straight number
based, and that cmake hasn't updated their module to reflect that.  I
can't build vtk with the most recent qt either.

Mark