[Ctk-developers] Fwd: [Nipy-devel] big github issues improvement!!!

Steve Pieper pieper at ibility.net
Sun Apr 10 10:53:03 EDT 2011

These improvements look really nice...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Subject: [Nipy-devel] big github issues improvement!!!
To: IPython Development list <ipython-dev at scipy.org>
Cc: NIPY Developer's List <nipy-devel at neuroimaging.scipy.org>

Hi everyone,

check out e.g. https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues

literally in the last few minutes (I know b/c I've been opening issues
pages all day, so I know a half hour ago it wasn't like this) they
rolled out a new issues interface.

I haven't explored it much yet, but already some of our biggest gripes
are improved:

- many labels (like we're using) don't obscure the issue titles.
- milestones, assigned persons as separate fields.
- multiple pages to see other issues
- working search !!! yes!

Finally, finally...  I kept saying these guys were so good, and the
old interface so bad, that something *had* to be coming.  But the wait
was getting long... This looks really, really great.

In case anyone from gh sees this: THANK YOU!!!

BTW, speaking of github, a post along the lines many of us in academia
have been talking about:

http://marciovm.com/i-want-a-github-of-science

Cheers,