[Ctk-developers] ctkRangeSlider, ctkDoubleRangeSlider and others inherited QAbstractSlider with a negative minimum value

Julien Finet julien.finet at kitware.com
Wed Oct 6 22:11:45 EDT 2010

Hi Wagner,

Thanks for your feedback. The behavior you encounter with ctkRangeSlider is
normal, it is the exact same behavior than QSlider (or QxtSpanSlider): you
can't set the value of an handle before making sure that it will be inside
the slider bounds (setMinimum/setMaximum).
Qt Designer solves the issue by following the order of the properties in the
header of a C++ class.
To have a correct behavior when using Qt Designer, the "Minimum" and
"Maximum" properties (Q_PROPERTY) are defined before the
"MinimumValue"/"MaximumValue" properties.

I wouldn't change anything in the code. The behavior seems fine to me. I
would prefer adding a warning in the comments.

Feel free to submit a patch with more documentation. Otherwise, I'll do it.

Thanks,
Julien.