[Ctk-developers] ctk documentation

Julien Finet julien.finet at kitware.com
Wed Nov 10 09:30:08 EST 2010

Hi Dean,

There are different styles of comments currently in CTK. However they seem
to be closely following the Qt documentation style. The style is very
similar to the standard Doxygen style:

/*!
    \class QPushButton
    \brief The QPushButton widget provides a command button.

    \ingroup basicwidgets

    The push button, or command button, is perhaps the most commonly
    used widget in any graphical user interface. Push (click) a button
    to command the computer to perform some action, or to answer a
    question. Typical buttons are OK, Apply, Cancel, Close, Yes, No
    and Help.
    \sa QToolButton
*/

Sometimes (in Libs/Widgets), we use /// in front of each line of comment
instead of wrapping all the comments with /*!  */
I've seen /** */ as well.

As you suggested, we should probably pick a style and stick with it.
I have a preference for following the Qt style (but adding the comments in
the .h file and not in the .cpp). If we end up all having a very different
opinion we can start a doodle poll.

Julien.