[Ctk-developers] unsupported protocol error

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Fri Nov 5 14:07:41 EDT 2010

Hi Dean,

Indeed, just notice that problem.

As mentioned here <http://twitter.com/github/status/29534618326> and
here<https://github.com/blog/738-sidejack-prevention-phase-2-ssl-everywhere>,
Github moves to SSL, the intent is too prevent "sidejack" attack. More
details: https://github.com/blog/737-sidejack-prevention

Regarding CTK dashboard script, this later one attempt to download its
associated dashboardDriverScript using the FILE(DOWNLOAD ..) function of
CMake.

The problem we face seems related to the fact CURL library shipped with
CMake isn't build with SSL support by default. (line 183 -
CMake/Utilities/cmcurl/CMakeLists.txt

The solutions could be:
  (1) Host the driverScripts on our wiki .. then no SSL related problem
  (2) Use a version of cmake supporting SSL
  (3) Do not use a driver scripts ..

I will setup solution (1) as a short term solution ..

Thks
Jc

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Dean Inglis <dean.inglis at camris.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
> Ive been trying to submit a daily experimental and ran into the following
> unsupported protocol error:
>
> D:\Developer\Dashboards\Scripts>ctest -S ctk.cmake -VV
> * Extra verbosity turned on
> Reading Script: D:/Developer/Dashboards/Scripts/ctk.cmake
> site name: hyoid.Teneos
> build name: Win32.Vista-g++4.4.0-QT4.6.3-Release
> script mode: experimental
> CMake Error at ctk.cmake:127 (MESSAGE):
>  error: Failed to download
>
> http://github.com/commontk/CTK/raw/master/CMake/ctkDashboardDriverScript.cmake
>
>  - "unsupported protocol"
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>  ctk.cmake:136 (downloadFile)
>
> Error in read script: D:/Developer/Dashboards/Scripts/ctk.cmake
>
> Any ideas what might be causing this/how to fix?  Has the url changed?
> My script has:
>
> #
> # Convenient macro allowing to download a file
> #
> MACRO(downloadFile url dest)
>  FILE(DOWNLOAD ${url} ${dest} STATUS status)
>  LIST(GET status 0 error_code)
>  LIST(GET status 1 error_msg)
>  IF(error_code)
>   MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "error: Failed to download ${url} - ${error_msg}")
>  ENDIF()
> ENDMACRO()
>
> #
> # Download and include dashboard driver script
> #
> set(url
> http://github.com/commontk/CTK/raw/master/CMake/ctkDashboardDriverScript.cmake
> )
> set(dest ${CTEST_SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/${CTEST_SCRIPT_NAME}.driver)
> downloadFile(${url} ${dest})
> INCLUDE(${dest})
>
> thanks in advance,
> Dean