[Ctk-developers] communication model in ctk

Sascha Zelzer s.zelzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon May 3 12:49:20 EDT 2010

Hi Daniele and Paolo,

your ideas are quite similar to what we discussed during the
pre-hackfest in March. Great :-)

We thought that we can probably make good use of the ServiceFramework in
QtMobility:

http://qt.nokia.com/products/appdev/add-on-products/catalog/4/new-qt-apis/mobility

Have you had a look at it? It follows the approach where you define
interfaces (pure abstract classes) which get implemented in the same or
a different shared library. Modules/Plugins would then get a concrete
implementation of an interface from the central ServiceManager.
Additionally, service providers register their implementations via a XML
file and only get loaded when a "client" requests a concrete implementation.

We also discussed a little bit the use of an event/message bus. I am
very interested in your experiences with it!

Best,

Sascha