[Ctk-developers] Update CTK

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Mon Aug 23 18:25:54 EDT 2010

Correct - this is one time operation required only for CTK developer.
(dashboard, slicer superbuild etc .. are not concerned)

The linear history workflow as described on
http://www.commontk.org/index.php/Build_Instructions#Simple_Git  still
apply.

Nevertheless, if you plan to work on a new feature (more than on classes, a
CTK library, etc .. ) you may want to move toward a branchy workflow. I
started a page (work in progress):
http://www.commontk.org/index.php/Contributing_to_CTK that will describe how
to follow a branchy workflow

Thks
Jc

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Steve Pieper <pieper at bwh.harvard.edu>wrote:

> Hi Jc -
>
> Is this a one-time operation to do the hard reset?
>
> That is, for now we are still following the 'simple git' model describe
> here, correct?
>
> http://www.commontk.org/index.php/Build_Instructions#Simple_Git
>
> -Steve
>

> On Aug/23/10 5:48 PM, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin wrote:
>

>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Please, next time you update you repository and before you push any
>> changes, make sure you do the following:
>>
>>  git fetch upstream
>>  git reset --hard refs/remotes/upstream/master
>>  git pull upstream master
>>
>> where upstream is the remote identifying the official CTK repository.
>>
>> The command git config -l should help you to identify what's the remote
>> corresponding to the offical CTK.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> $ git config -l
>>
>> core.repositoryformatversion=0
>> core.filemode=true
>> core.bare=false
>> core.logallrefupdates=true
>> remote.origin.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>> remote.*origin*.url=*git://github.com/commontk/CTK.git
>> <http://github.com/commontk/CTK.git>*
>>
>> branch.master.remote=origin
>> branch.master.merge=refs/heads/master
>>
>> In that case, *origin* identify the remote.
>>

>> *Why ? *
>>
>> To fix the history, the last few commits have been re-pushed.
>>
>> In the future, we will have some hooks that you will be able to install
>> in order to avoid any problem ...
>>
>> Any question, let me know
>>
>> Thks
>> Jc