[Ctk-developers] COPYRIGHT & LICENSING

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 9 10:36:40 EDT 2010

Yes,
it is not the most amusing conversation to have,
but it is better to do this early...

   1) Most files in CTK are lacking Copyright
       notices and an explicit License.

   2) There is not LICENCE file at the top of
       the source tree.

I propose that we assign the copyright of the source code
to the Insight Software Consortium (ISC), and that we
distribute the code under an Apache 2.0 License.

  http://www.opensource.org/licenses/apache2.0.php

The ISC is the organization that holds the copyright of

          *  ITK
          *  CMake (along with Kitware)
          * IGSTK