[Ctk-developers] first email update from CTK meeting in Chicago: hacker week around end of February proposed

Stephen Aylward stephen.aylward at kitware.com
Sun Nov 29 12:57:38 EST 2009

Hi,

I am closing on my house on Monday (must close by Dec 1 - it has been
schedule for a very long time) - and have to teach at RSNA on Tuesday.
 Flying to and from RSNA twice in 3 days would have been too much.   I do
wish I could be there!

The one-week event sounds interesting.  It would be great if we could get
some code in the repository prior to that week so that we can do "homework".
   We can contribute some Qt widgets (that Steve presented).    They are
extremely useful in app building.   Can we also get some more base classes?
    Is ITK or VTK the base image class we should be using?  Can Slicer's
execution model be abstracted from MRML?   Should it be?   Can MITK's data
structs that drive its visualizations be shared?

Stephen

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Kevin Cleary
<cleary at isis.georgetown.edu>wrote:

> Here is the first news: Peter Meinzer proposed a one week "hacker meeting"
> the last week in February or the first week in March to develop a small,
> initial prototype of a core, and have detailed technical discussions -
> either in Heidelberg or Boston
>
> I will have more news at the end of the day but if this meeting occurs we
> will want to send someone and I will probably send Patrick if he is willing
> to go
>
> Stephen R. Aylward, Ph.D.
Director of Medical Imaging Research
Kitware, Inc. - North Carolina Office