[ITK] Determine surface area of certain region in image

Matthias B matthias.b at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:50:45 EDT 2016

Hello ITK-community,
At the moment I'm working with 3D Images with following structure: 100x80x3. Every pixel contains a X,Y,Z value.
I want to calculate the surface area of a certain region that I have defined with a boolean 2D-Image (100x80).The surface area should only be calculated with the X,Y-data.
In Matlab I have experience with this by using the function bwboundaries on the boolean image. This function determines the indices of the the boundaries in clockwise direction.  Next I take the corresponding X,Y values of the indices so I can calculate the surface area with the function polyarea.

Is this possbile with the ITK-library?
Thank you for your help guys.

		Virusvrij. www.avast.com