[ITK] [ITK-dev] Future of ITKApps

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 10:29:24 EST 2015

Folks,

ITKApps contains applications written a long time ago. We as a group
have been patching the apps, fixing compile errors as ITK and VTK
api's change.

Also, many of the apps use an old version of FLTK as a gui.

I think the maintenance cost is too much for these old applications.

We should consider freezing it at VTK5.10 and the last ITK version
that works with it.

As Matt has mentioned there are several modern apps like slicer and
SNAP that can provide users with a better experience.

Thoughts?

Bill