[ITK] registration - memory concerns

Luigi Riba ribaluigi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 10:24:12 EST 2015

Dear all,

I am registering a couple of volumes with ITK 4 on windows 7 64 bit.

I wrote a code based on the affine transformation, with the mean square
error metric and the RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizerv4. Unfortunately,
the memory usage is pretty high.

I have checked memory consumption with the itkMemoryProbe and, after
looking around on previous mailing list messages I have decided to try with
a gradient free optimizer like the Nelder-Mead one.

So I have rewrote the code using the AmoebaOptimizerV4 and I have continued
monitoring the memory consumption via MemoryProbe. Unfortunately, it seems
that nothing has changed. Is this working as expected? If this is the case,
do you have any suggestion to gave me in order to reduce the memory
consumption of the code?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best,

Luigi