[ITK] Word wrap for commit text at itk.org/gitweb and review.source.kitware.com?

Niels Dekker niels-xtk at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 26 11:21:19 EST 2015

Thanks for your reply, Matt. I agree that it's useful to have a maximum
line length for C++ code, especially because C++ code may not look so well
after word wrapping. However, for informative text, like commit messages,
I still think automatic word wrapping would be preferable to asking each
committer to insert hard-coded line breaks into paragraphs, or even into
sentences.

Automatic word wrapping techniques were developed by D.E. Knuth et al,
more than three decades ago
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_wrap_and_word_wrap>, so I'm surprised
that many tools still do not implement them.

It seems to me that the missing word wrapping in
http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/19311/ and
http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=commit;h=bbecc3b7cca9f85914235dac2d6b9e80d0d44dda
might both be caused by HTML bugs.  If that's the case, I'd probably have
to report them elsewhere, right?

Kind regards, Niels