[ITK Community] [Insight-users] I catch the error with try-catch , but the error make me confuseed !

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Dec 29 10:09:51 EST 2013

zhq,

Thanks for posting the detailed error message.

The comment in line 292 of itkImageSeriesReader.hxx:
https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/master/Modules/IO/ImageBase/include/itkImageSeriesReader.hxx#L292

may help explain the source of the problem.

It looks like you may be instantiating the ImageSeriesReader with
an Image type that has 2 dimensions, while you probably should
instantiate it with an image type that has 3 dimensions.

The template argument of the ImageSeriesReader is the Output
image type.

So, for the common case of:

         Reading a series of 2D slice files,
         to compose a 3D image as output,

a) The itkImageSeriesReaders has to be instantiated
    with a 3D image as template parameter.

and

b) The collection of files names that are passed to it,
    should refer to files that contain 2D images.

   Hope this helps,

       Luis