[ITK Community] [Insight-users] Compressing Tif files

Fethallah Benmansour fethallah at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 07:58:43 EST 2013

So, we need to figure out what is the difference between your current
working setup and mine.
First, In my current version of ITK, that is 4.4.2, the following piece of
code:
 if ( compression == COMPRESSION_JPEG )
      {
      TIFFSetField(tif, TIFFTAG_JPEGQUALITY, 75); // Parameter
      TIFFSetField(tif, TIFFTAG_JPEGCOLORMODE, JPEGCOLORMODE_RGB);
      //photometric = PHOTOMETRIC_YCBCR;
      }

is between 1876 and 1881. Which different from yours apparently.

Are you sure that we are using the same version ?

Have you made any customized configuration with ccmake of your ITK build?
In my case, I only changed the INSTALL_PREFIX.
I'm working under a 64-bits Windows 7, and using VS8 (2005) 64-bits.

Kind regards,

--
Fethallah