[ITK Community] [Insight-users] Compile time issue SimpleITK-0.7.1.post1 in Visual Studio 2012

Bradley Lowekamp brad at lowekamp.net
Thu Dec 19 12:08:15 EST 2013

One thing I just remembered. I think that if the CMAKE variable "CSHARP_PLATFORM" is anycpu it may cause the csharp compilation to take a very long time. It is set to x86 or x64 on the dashboard builds[1]. If your build is "cpuany" by default and changing it fixes your build time, I should make the default more intelligent.

More comments below.

[1] http://open.cdash.org/viewNotes.php?buildid=3145142

On Dec 19, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Matias Montroull <matimontg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Brad,
>
> Are you using Express or Professional VS11? Proffesional VS11

Professional is more efficient.

> Are you compiling for Win32 or Win64? Win64

Win64 requires more linking resources.

> Are you compiling in Release/Debug mode? Debug

Use release. There are WAY too many ITK debugging symbols to be keep around! And the libraries end up being Over 1 GB. You much enable the SimpleITK libraries to be shared for this configuration, and that's more burdensome to use. Only compile SimpleITK if you need to debug SimpleITK or ITK.

> How much system memory do you have? 8GB
> How many cores? CPU Spec? 4Cores. Intel Core I5 3320M / 2.6GHZ

As long as you are not trying to link 3+ wrapped languages at the same time you should be OK.

> Was it stuck in compiling files or linking? Compiling

compilation of what? Any resource limits hit?

> I'll appreciate the instructions to import the Csharp Binaries into VS2012.
>
> Last question, how can I get the BinaryMask3DMeshSource to work on my VS2012 project? Do I need to use another library?

What do you plan on doing with the Mesh next?
I don't think there is a readily available library in CSharp with that filter available. You will likely have to do some custom interfacing/wrapping of custom C++ code.

Brad