[ITK Community] ITK with -std=c++11

Garjola garjola at garjola.net
Wed Dec 18 17:22:06 EST 2013

Dear all,

I have been trying to build ITK with gcc 4.8.2 and using -std=c++11. I succeeded with the compile step (I had to add -fpermissive) but now I am having errors when using some vnl classes.

The errors are related to missing 'constexpr':

Modules/ThirdParty/VNL/src/vxl/core/vnl/vnl_numeric_traits.h:387:60: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const float vnl_numeric_traits<float>::zero’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
   static const float zero VCL_STATIC_CONST_INIT_FLOAT_DECL(0.0F);

Has anybody met this kind of error and is there any workaround?

Thank you.

Garjola.

--
Dr. Dindi