[ITK Community] [Insight-users] Automatically finding spheres in 3D images

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 11:50:49 EST 2013

David,

This section in the ITK Wiki Examples:

Blob Detection, Labeling, and Properties
http://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples#Blob_Detection.2C_Labeling.2C_and_Properties
may be useful. In particular: ShapeAttributes
http://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/ImageProcessing/ShapeAttributes
runs connected components on a binary image, converts it to a LabelMap
and prints lots of statistics. The Elongation parameter is the  ratio
of the largest principal moment to the second largest principal
moment. Its value is greater or equal to 1.