[ITK Community] [Insight-users] Automatically finding spheres in 3D images

Bradley Lowekamp brad at lowekamp.net
Wed Dec 18 08:54:58 EST 2013

A great many things a Sphere like!

The link below it just for 2D. There is an IJ article on 3D:
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/698

I had (ITKv3) my own variant of this this 3D transform too, where I had a more general way to select candidate points for voting by simple passing a mask.

I have also wrote a Laplacian Blob detector to detect sphere like object, by analyzing the Eigen values of the hessian at the scale of the blob:
https://github.com/blowekamp/itkScaleSpace/blob/master/include/itkMultiScaleLaplacianBlobDetectorImageFilter.h

Brad