[ITK Community] [Insight-users] Issues with compiling ITK on a Mac 10.8.5

yael.grossman yael.grossman at mssm.edu
Mon Dec 16 19:11:26 EST 2013

OK, so I downloaded the newest version of Xcode into my Applications folder.
I tried to run Cmake again with the older version of ITK, but get the same
error message that the files may be invalid.

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Unix
Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a
different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:
/Users/yaelgrossman/Documents/ITK/ITKbin/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.1/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:
/Users/yaelgrossman/Documents/ITK/ITKbin/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.1/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Should I try it with xcode as the compiler rather than Unix makefiles?