[ITK Community] [Insight-users] entry point for ultrasound cleanup

Rishi Graham rishig at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Dec 16 18:55:14 EST 2013

Hello all,

I am pretty new to image processing and I need to clean up some 2 dimensional ultrasound images.  Down the road I'd like to get into more interesting things like registration, but as an entry point I am just trying to despeckle and smooth.  I have been playing with ITK and like the tools so far, but there seem to be lots of options wrt existing filters (not to mention writing my own).  Do any of the experts out there have advice as to the best filters to use for these tasks, or survey papers I could read to get a start?

Thank you for your time!
-Rishi.