[ITK Community] [Insight-developers] 4GB images on windows

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Sun Dec 15 03:19:57 EST 2013

Looking at this in more details, within the ITK CMakeLists, I can observe
that the option "ITK_USE_64BITS_IDS" is exposed only if
ITKV3_COMPATIBILITY  is disabled. See [1]

Considering  that Slicer builds ITK with  ITKV3_COMPATIBILITY enabled, will
that cause any issues ?

Note: ITKV3_COMPATIBILITY is currently required for some extension, if
needed I guess we could suggest extension maintainer to update their code

Thanks
Jc

[1]  https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L247-250

--