[ITK Community] Fwd: Points Cloud in C#

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Dec 13 11:30:49 EST 2013

Matias,

Open the DICOM stack in an image viewer (such as Slicer), and identify a
threshold
value of intensity that will separate the skin from the air outside the
patient.

With that number at hand,
you an try the following example:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/ImageProcessing/BinaryThresholdImageFilter
that you can follow with a BinaryMask3DMeshSource,
to finally grab the points out of the resulting Mesh.

Another option is to use a region growing filter,
and place the seed point in the air region:
https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITKApps/blob/master/Auxiliary/vtk/itkReadITKImage3DSegmentShowVTK.cxx
That will be a segmentation of the "negative",
but since you are looking for the cloud of points,
the output will still be equivalent.

There are many alternatives to achieve the equivalent process.

   Hope this helps,

       Luis