[ITK Community] [Insight-users] Inverting a Bsplines transform (or making a deformation field from a bsplines transform)

Yago Diez yagodiezdonoso at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 15:07:31 EST 2013

Hi,

In one application I am needing to deform points instead of images, so I
mainly have the opposites of all the deformations I need. So far, and
thanks to a lot of help received here, I managed to invert deformation
fields and several kinds of Rigid and Affine deformations, but so far I
have had no luck with

typedef itk::BSplineDeformableTransform< double, 3, 3 >
DeformableTransformType;

I have tried to use the GetInverseTransform() method (which worked for
rigid and affine transformations), I can compile it but I get a
segmentation fault whenever I try to use my inverted bsplines transform
(the output of the deformation is NULL). I assume this comes from the fact
that inverting a Bsplines transform is pretty difficult. My first question
is: Is there a "quick" way to invert a Bsplines transform?

If the answer is no, I can also invert a deformation field if I can get one
from the bspline tranform, so the second question is: How can I generate a
deformation field from a Bsplines transform?

Thank you all once more for all your help
Yago