[ITK Community] [Insight-users] Obtaining Real Result from Inverse Fourier Transform

DVigneault davis.vigneault at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 16:43:44 EST 2013

Hello again--

I started this thread a while back because I'd been having trouble getting a
complex result from an inverse FFT.  I was advised to use the
FFTWInverseFFTImageFilter, which required that I install fftw3 and then
rebuild ITK with ITK_USE_REVIEW, ITK_USE_FFTWD, and ITK_USE_SYSTEM_FFTW set
to on.  However, after taking these steps, I get this error when trying to
compile  this example
<http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/Filtering_2FFTDirectInverse2_8cxx-example.html>
(I've only changed 'float' to 'double' and 'ITK_USE_FFTF' to 'ITK_USE_FFTD'
in the example).

error: "FFTW 3.3.2 or later is required so that FFTW_WISDOM_ONLY is
defined."

I came across something which I *hope* will help to solve the problem.  I
noticed that the ITKConfig.cmake file in my ITK build directory has the
appropriate settings, but the ITKConfig.cmake file in my
/usr/local/lib/cmake/ITK-4.4/ directory does not (exerpts pasted below).
Should I be concerned about this, and could this be the cause of my problem?
If so, how could I fix it?  Also, if anyone could post a CMakeLists.txt file
that they have used to build the above example, it would be greatly
appreciated!

Build directory:

# Add configuration with FFTW
set(ITK_USE_FFTWD "ON")
set(ITK_USE_FFTWF "OFF")
set(ITK_USE_SYSTEM_FFTW "ON")
set(ITK_FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH "/usr/local/include")
set(ITK_FFTW_LIBDIR "/usr/local/lib")

/usr/local/lib/cmake/ITK-4.4/:

# Add configuration with FFTW
set(ITK_USE_FFTWD "OFF")
set(ITK_USE_FFTWF "OFF")
set(ITK_USE_SYSTEM_FFTW "OFF")
set(ITK_FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH
"${ITK_INSTALL_PREFIX}/include/ITK-4.4/Algorithms")
set(ITK_FFTW_LIBDIR "${ITK_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/ITK-4.4")

Best, and thanks,

--Davis