[ITK Community] [Insight-users] compilation error

Laforest, Richard laforestr at mir.wustl.edu
Mon Dec 2 14:32:42 EST 2013

Hello All,

I just downloaded the itk code and I went thought the configuration without problems with cmake.
I am using a Windows computer with Code::Blocks (version12.11) with MinGW compiler.
I am now trying to compile an example and I get the following error message something like 72% through the compilation.
I would appreciate any help on resolving this issue.
Many thanks!

In file included from C:\ITK\InsightToolkit-4.4.2\Modules\ThirdParty\DICOMParser\src\DICOMParser\DICOMFile.cxx:29:0:
C:\ITK\InsightToolkit-4.4.2\Modules\ThirdParty\DICOMParser\src\DICOMParser\DICOMFile.h:51:28: error: 'string' in namespace '::' does not name a type
C:\ITK\InsightToolkit-4.4.2\Modules\ThirdParty\DICOMParser\src\DICOMParser\DICOMFile.h:51:38: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'filename' with no type [-fpermissive]
C:\ITK\InsightToolkit-4.4.2\Modules\ThirdParty\DICOMParser\src\DICOMParser\DICOMFile.cxx:61:37: error: 'string' in namespace '::' does not name a type
C:\ITK\InsightToolkit-4.4.2\Modules\ThirdParty\DICOMParser\src\DICOMParser\DICOMFile.cxx:61:47: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'filename' with no type [-fpermissive]
C:\ITK\InsightToolkit-4.4.2\Modules\ThirdParty\DICOMParser\src\DICOMParser\DICOMFile.cxx: In member function 'bool itkdicomparser::DICOMFile::Open(const int&)':
C:\ITK\InsightToolkit-4.4.2\Modules\ThirdParty\DICOMParser\src\DICOMParser\DICOMFile.cxx:64:29: error: request for member 'c_str' in 'filename', which is of non-class type 'const int'
mingw32-make.exe[2]: *** [Modules/ThirdParty/DICOMParser/src/DICOMParser/CMakeFiles/ITKDICOMParser.dir/DICOMFile.cxx.obj] Error 1

Richard Laforest, Ph.D.
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Box 8225
Washington University Medical School
510 Kingshighway South - St.Louis, Missouri - 63110
Tel: 314-362-8423 | Fax: 314-362-5428 | laforestr at wustl.edu<mailto:laforestr at wustl.edu>

Richard Laforest, Ph.D.  |  Associate Professor of Radiology

Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Box 8225
Washington University Medical School
510 Kingshighway South - St.Louis, Missouri - 63110
Tel: 314-362-8423 | Fax: 314-362-5428 | laforestr at wustl.edu<mailto:laforestr at wustl.edu>

The material in this message is private and may contain Protected Healthcare Information (PHI). If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail.