[CMake] CMake detects suspicious compiler

christoph at ruediger.engineering christoph at ruediger.engineering
Fri Jan 26 13:30:01 EST 2018

Hi,

I’ve one Linux system here, where cmake always detects a C compiler from a cross-toolchain. Doesn’t sound strange up to now, but the real deal is that the path to the compiler is totally unknown to the shell. It is not in PATH, CC and CXX env variables are empty and CMAKE_C_COMPILER and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER are not set. The build server is used by multiple users and all but one can use cmake without issues. So I assume that it is some kind of per-user setting.

Does anyone have a hint for me where to continue digging?

The detected compiler path looks a bit like cmake is automatically pulling a toolchain file, without having any toolchain file specified on the command line. Is there some mechanism for specifying a default toolchain file, i.e. via environment variable or config file?

Regards
Christoph

--
rüdiger.engineering