[CMake] Unexpected recompilation with ctest compiled MSVC project

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Jan 18 11:58:01 EST 2018

Hello,
I'm happily using ctest to test my project:
http://my.cdash.org/index.php?project=RTK
One feature that I like is that if a problem appears with one config, I can
easily try to modify the sources and then run make in the nightly built
directory, only the object that failed to compile and object files impacted
by the changes will be (re-)compiled. This works perfectly under linux with
makefiles.
However, the behavior is not the same under MSVC and since I am not used to
this IDE, I'd like some explanation. When I have a problem with a
compilation and I open the nightly configured MSVC project in the IDE, then
everything is recompiled, including those files that compiled without any
issue. Is this an expected behavior and, if yes, is there any way to
recompile only what has failed, as I am used too under linux?
I hope this is clear (enough). Thanks,
Simon