[CMake] CMake support for MYS2

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 03:40:32 EST 2018

On 8 January 2018 at 17:38, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> 08.01.2018, 14:35, "Mojca Miklavec":
>> Dear CMake developers,
>>
>> I installed msys2 from http://www.msys2.org/ and (after updating etc)
>> installed cmake via
>>     pacman -S cmake
>
> You should install mingw-w64-x86_64-cmake (or i686).

Thank you very much. That package is missing ccmake though, so I can
only run cmake directly and even then it strangely(?) defaults to
Visual Studio when I would expect it to go for Unix Makefiles.
(The "ccmake" from /usr/bin/ccmake is not helping in any way either, I
was hoping it would perhaps use mingw-w64-x86_64-cmake.)

I later noticed that there is /mingw64/bin/cmake-gui.exe, but that one
doesn't really work either:

$ cmake-gui
C:/msys/msys64/mingw64/bin/cmake-gui.exe: error while loading shared
libraries: librhash.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

> You've installed
> package that targets MSYS environment, not native Windows.

I still assume that others might run into exactly the same isuse in
the future. Since it's explicitly suggesting to write to the mailing
list, the reports might repeat.
(OK, I don't expect so many people to use the strange unix toolchains
on windows platforms, but still.)

Thank you,
    Mojca