[CMake] Configuration issues on AIX

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Wed Feb 28 12:59:02 EST 2018

> On 02/27/2018 11:30 AM, Jakob Reschke wrote:
>> I followed this up to the file(STRING ...) command ... seems
>> unable to grep any strings out of any file:
>
> Strange.  That will need to be solved before anything can be
> expected to work.  Where did you get the CMake binary?

Someone else had to install it for me and I pointed them to this
location, so I assume it comes from there:
http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.Cmake
I will ask them again to confirm, and will amend otherwise.

> FYI we've had nightly testing on AIX with both XL and GNU compilers
> for years so CMake should work.

Yes, I have seen the builds mentioned somewhere, which gives me hope
that it could be fixed on our machines.