[CMake] Bug on Windows with Intel Fortran

Anthony Zukaitis azukaitis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 10:59:12 EST 2018

On windows I found an issue with Visual studio where intel fortran was
attempting to preprocess lowercase .f90 files.  Intel's documentation
states that it does not preprocess these files.  Looking into the cmake
source code I found:

in Modules/Platform/Windows-Intel-Fortran line 3:

set(_COMPILE_Fortran " /fpp")

which looks to me like cmake is adding this flag by default to all fortran
files not .F90 vs .f90.  Also we are using our own preprocessor which would
also complicate things.  Can you guys remove the setting of this flag?

Tony