[CMake] MinGW-w64/MSYS2 (or Cygwin) and NAG Fortran - how to combine?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sat Feb 10 02:04:04 EST 2018

On 9 February 2018 at 18:24, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> On 2018-02-09 10:44-0000 Arjen Markus wrote:
>
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> The result is the same or very much the same.
>
> OK.  Time for more knowledgable people to weigh in here about what
> Platform filenames to use for the combination of nagfor and
> MinGW-w64/MSYS2 for the "Unix Makefiles" and "MSYS Makefiles"
> generators.
>
> Meanwhile, can you test whether the Platform filename I suggested for
> the nagfor Cygwin case with "Unix Makefiles" generator is correct?
>
> Alan

I wonder if this is in any way related to
    https://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14252

We had numerous problems with Fortran flags simply inheriting settings
from CFLAGS under assumption that the Fortran compiler must be "the
same" as C complier and probably understand the same flags.

Our most burning issue was resolved once GCC's Fortran stopped
complaining about "-arch", but the underlying problem in CMake was
probably never resolved. We were also not able to prevent the use of
Fortran in case it was detected on the system. This must be a
consequence of very few people still using Fortran and thus the
interest was not as high as fixing bugs for C/C++ compilers.

Mojca