[CMake] MinGW-w64/MSYS2 (or Cygwin) and NAG Fortran - how to combine?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Feb 8 16:58:59 EST 2018

On 2018-02-08 19:33-0000 Arjen Markus wrote:

> So: Is it possible to instruct CMake to use the NAG-Fortran specific
settings [for the Cygwin and MinGW-w64/MSYS2 platforms] and if so, how do I do that?

Hi Arjen:

I think you should be guided by what goes on for gfortran. For that
compiler, the relevant Platform files are called
CYGWIN-GNU-Fortran.cmake and Windows-GNU-Fortran.cmake Platform files
for the Cygwin, and MinGW-w64/MSYS2 platforms.  Furthermore, in all
the existing nagfor cases (Linux and Darwin), you derive the
nagfor-related name from the gfortran related name by replacing
GNU-Fortran by NAG-Fortran. Therefore, I suggest you try the names
CYGWIN-NAG-Fortran.cmake and Windows-NAG-Fortran.cmake for the two
separate Platform files you are trying to create for the Cygwin and
MinGW-w64/MSYS2 platforms.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin