[CMake] Support for SWIG and Node.js

Yegor Yefremov yegor_sub1 at visionsystems.de
Thu Sep 28 08:19:27 EDT 2017

On 27.09.2017 17:18, Michael Ellery wrote:
>> On Sep 26, 2017, at 10:39 PM, Yegor Yefremov <yegor_sub1 at visionsystems.de> wrote:
>>
>> I've seen, that CMake has updated UseSWIG in version 3.8.x. But it doesn't seem to support the following use case:
>>
>> swig -c++ -javascript -node interface.i src.c
>>
>> I.e. I can define "-c++" via set_property(SOURCE interface.i PROPERTY CPLUSPLUS ON), but how to specify "-node" or "-jsc" or "-v8"?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Yegor
> Have you tried setting CMAKE_SWIG_FLAGS  ?
>
> https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Modules/UseSWIG.cmake#L41
>
> -Mike

I think it won't work this way. Because in this case swig can only make a binding cxx file, i.e. I'm not using SWIG_LINK_LIBRARIES. Further steps will be made via npm/node-gyp. That's why I get:

CMake Error: CMake can not determine linker language for target: jsonrisc
CMake Error: Cannot determine link language for target "jsonrisc".

I'll stick for custom command for now.

Thanks.

Yegor