[CMake] CMake tutorial on Github

Nagy-Egri Máté Ferenc csiga.biga at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 10:23:35 EDT 2017

Hi Paul!

I do not quite understand your comments.

- Are you referring to the SFML distribution model? I am aware that deliberately forcing my end-users to ship a FindModule script sucks and I was not trying to promote that. I just said that it happens. The part where you say „emphasize that is for upstream libraries not downstream users”. How can I create a FindModule script FOR an upstream? Upstream is done. It’s compiled. Who else could the target audience of a FindModule script be, other other than a downstream user?
- How can CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH be considered desirable over the package registry? I compile something, install and, register it, done. Fire and forget. I don’t think that either specifying toolchain files or specifying CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH are better than simply specifying… nothing?

Sorry if I am lost in translation, I’m just trying to understand.

Cheers,
Máté