[CMake] Complete Include Build Link Details

Satya Prakash Prasad satyaprakash.prasad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 10:24:16 EDT 2017

We have a project which we compile it thru CMAKE utility. Our projects has
submodules and recently it was found that developers where introducing code
dependency across sub modules.

Say we have submodule A and submodule B while main module C compiles both A
and B and generates all the executable. As per the issue submodule B code
is being used in submodule A. Though the code is compiling fine but this is
highly dangerous of the dependency across sub modules.

Now how can I know via CMAKE (logs / report / traces / build etc anyway)
utility which includes path / link paths are involved in which binaries.
The over all objective is to break the dependency if any.

Is there a way to get any kind of details via CMAKE build process - the
include / linking path level used for each binary (to trace libs across
submodules being used for binaries)?