[CMake] cmake install

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Sun Sep 10 08:42:33 EDT 2017

You should explicitly set the installation location of your package using –DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/xxx/xxxx/xxxx/xxx during the initial invocation of cmake.

This should be set to a location you KNOW you have normal write access to. Once this is set then you will no longer need to use “sudo” to run the commands and all _should_ work correctly. This is what we do on our dashboard builds.

--

Mike Jackson