[CMake] CPack: Create debian packge for each sub-project

Domen Vrankar domen.vrankar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 19:15:31 EST 2017

> I have finally found time to work on a patch so
> CPACK_DEBAIN_<COMPONENT>_PACKAGE_VERSION is recognized. I am amazed how
> simple the fix actually is.
>
> I plan on submitting a formal patch soon for Debian and RPM. I don't know
> anything about other CMake packaging features that might benefit from this
> patch.

Hi,

I've also been working on a bit larger feature extension that would
possibly be of interest to you:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/1545

I haven't decided on implementing per component versioning since it makes
no sense to version different components of the same release differently
unless they are a separate project which requires more variable overrides
and manual setting of components - ExternalProject seems a better
alternative in such cases. Maybe your solution can convince me otherwise.

Thanks,
Domen