[CMake] Finding package for 7-zip comprehension

Michael Powell mwpowellhtx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 10:54:23 EST 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Michael Powell <mwpowellhtx at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:47 AM, CHEVRIER, Marc <marc.chevrier at sap.com> wrote:
>> “cmake –E tar” supports 7-zip format. Use option –format=7zip (see https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.9/manual/cmake.1.html).
>
> Ah! This I did not know. Thanks for pointing that out!

Well, the version of Tar I am working with does not seem to have this
feature implemented? I could be wrong, unless it is undocumented.

Based on the version (1.29?) adopted in the Git for Windows distribution.

C:\Dev\Git\usr\bin\tar.exe --help | C:\Dev\Git\usr\bin\grep.exe zip
  -j, --bzip2                filter the archive through bzip2
      --lzip                 filter the archive through lzip
  -z, --gzip, --gunzip, --ungzip   filter the archive through gzip

G:\Source\Boost.Build\Prototype\repos\boost-1.65.1>C:\Dev\Git\usr\bin\tar.exe --
help | C:\Dev\Git\usr\bin\grep.exe zip
  -j, --bzip2                filter the archive through bzip2
      --lzip                 filter the archive through lzip
  -z, --gzip, --gunzip, --ungzip   filter the archive through gzip

C:\Dev\Git\usr\bin\tar.exe --help | C:\Dev\Git\usr\bin\grep.exe format
  -g, --listed-incremental=FILE   handle new GNU-format incremental backup
  -G, --incremental          handle old GNU-format incremental backup
                             set version of the sparse format to use (implies
                             extract information about file permissions
 Archive format selection:
  -H, --format=FORMAT        create archive of the given format
    gnu                      GNU tar 1.13.x format
    oldgnu                   GNU format as per tar <= 1.12
    pax                      POSIX 1003.1-2001 (pax) format
    ustar                    POSIX 1003.1-1988 (ustar) format
    v7                       old V7 tar format
                             same as --format=v7
      --posix                same as --format=posix
 File name transformations:
 Informative output:
                             show file or archive names after transformation
--format=gnu -f- -b20 --quoting-style=escape