[CMake] Populate INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES of object libraries from INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES of other libraries

Bernhard Burgermeister bbu at burgermeister.de
Wed Nov 15 04:01:07 EST 2017

Hi Florent,

thanks for the hint about changed Ninja behaviour. We started the
separation into object libraries with CMake 3.7 and want to use this
also together with Unix Makefiles or JOM on Windows (and perhaps also
Visual Studio 2015 generator).

Even together with CMake 3.10 and Ninja I have to stay with the object
libraries because we have many mixed language libraries
(C/C++/Fortran) so the object libraries give me more control. With
separate object libraries I can assign a compile_pool for the Fortran
files (which can not be distributed by icecream) and I can avoid
dependency of the C/C++ files on the generated Fortran files we use
for automatic interface check (and I need to keep the Fortran files in
the main library to have full Fortran 90 dependency detection, so the
C/C++ files have to be moved to the object library).

Regards,
Bernhard.