[CMake] ZERO_CHECK generation and Xcode

Steven Velez sbv1976 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 11:24:40 EDT 2017

If I understand correctly the purpose of the ZERO_CHECK target is to update
the generated project files when necessary.

That's fine, but I have noticed on Xcode (8.2) that when ZERO_CHECK runs
and updates the project, it causes the xcode build to abort.
Unfortunately, it seems this build abort happens before the xcode project
regeneration has a chance to complete and update/touch
CMakeFiles/cmake.check_cache, so once the target is out of date, it pretty
much stays that way, and the builds are always (or least frequently)
subsequently aborted because of an update to generated project files.

If I go in to the terminal and manually execute "make -f ReRunCMake.make"
then the process completes and the ZERO_CHECK target is good, and it does
not run any more.

Is there any known way to deal with this other than by specifying
CMAKE_SUPRRESS_REGENERATION:BOOL=YES ?

Thanks,
Steven