[CMake] CMake with VS2015 C++ Build Tools and missing ucrtbased.dll

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Fri Mar 10 12:30:22 EST 2017

On 10/03/2017 16:47, TT wrote:
> I'm having the same problem with "missing" ucrtbased.dll even though it is
> present in all the platforms under C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
> Kits\10\bin\
>
> I have tried reinstalling the Windows SDK and the Microsoft C++ Build Tools
> (2015).

 From Andrew Pardoe: "It turns out that the Build Tools SKU only
installs the universal CRT for developers on Windows 10. We should have
had it install on all OS. We'll fix this in the next release."  From a
private reply from this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cpp/comments/4r8n41/what_are_some_reasons_why_visual_studio_seems_so/d51sh2f/?context=3

It's a bit broken.  The 2017 version seems OK though.

Regards,
Roger