[CMake] Windows mapped network drive and 'if EXISTS'

Louis-Paul CORDIER lp.cordier at dynamixyz.com
Fri Mar 3 08:28:52 EST 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to use the cmake 'if' statement with the EXISTS parameter,
used for checking folder/file existence.

In my project, I have a library stored on a network samba folder. On my
Windows dev platform, I mapped a network drive (Windows 7 -> Computer ->
Map network drive) on this share (the created network letter is Z:).
Other program can access and work on this drive without any problems.

When I try to do a if(EXISTS "Z:\"), it never jump into the if statement.

Is it a bug?

Best regards,

LPC