[CMake] Question about strange Android behavior

Jim Borden jim.borden at couchbase.com
Thu Jun 29 19:13:16 EDT 2017

I’m not sure what the state of Android support is (there is the documentation on the CMake page, and then there is the documentation on the Android page which is different) but I wanted to point out a weird difference in behavior between CMake 3.7.2 and CMake 3.8.2 and ask about it.

My project compiles fine with CMake 3.7.2, but when I use 3.8.2 I get compiler errors to the tune of:

error: use of undeclared identifier 'UINT64_MAX' (and other such nonsense about similar types)

My invocation of CMake is as follows:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=MinSizeRel -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=Android -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=16 -DCMAKE_ANDROID_NDK_TOOLCHAIN_VERSION=clang -DCMAKE_ANDROID_ARCH_ABI=armeabi-v7a -DCMAKE_ANDROID_STL_TYPE=c++_static

Does anyone know why this would happen?
Jim Borden
Software Engineer
[hbase Logo]