[CMake] configuration dependency on include(...) files?

Tyrel Newton newton at tethers.com
Wed Jun 21 04:13:16 EDT 2017

Should the cmake configuration step automatically depend on other
included cmake files, i.e. via the include(...) command? We're using
"Unix Makefiles" under version 3.9.

In our project, we have a number of nested include(...) calls to list
source files at various levels (via lots of target_sources calls). When
I touch / change a *.cmake file that is included (even directly) by the
top-most CMakeLists file, it does not trigger the configuration step.

I can certainly list every included *.cmake in the top-most
CMAKE_CONFIGURE_DEPENDS property, but it seems to me that this step
should not be necessary.

Any advice or feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyrel