[CMake] setting rpath-link

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Fri Jun 16 15:44:29 EDT 2017

Hi Petros,
This doesn't really answer your question but it may solve your problem a
different way.  I've fought this very same boost problem many times in the
past.  In my case it was needing to link against Matlab dev libraries,
which in turn pulled their own private copy of boost in.  I tried a similar
approach of rpath-link but it wasn't feasible since it had to work on
Windows as well.  The best way to address it, I found, was to use the bcp
tool that comes with boost to generate a copy of the boost source tree with
a different namespace.  So I created my own private boost in the kwboost::
namespace instead of boost:: with libraries kwboost_filesystem.so, etc.
That way I could guarantee that the version I used was exactly the version
I created and would in turn also not create the same problem for anybody
else when they linked to me.

- Chuck <(518)%20881-1183>

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 10:50 AM, Mamales, Petros via CMake <cmake at cmake.org