[CMake] Different flags for compiling and linking with Fortran

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Thu Jun 15 09:06:41 EDT 2017

Hi Xavier,

CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.8.8)

> -- The C compiler identification is Clang 3.8.0
> -- The CXX compiler identification is Clang 3.8.0

-- The Fortran compiler identification is XL

What version of CMake are you using?  Give that the C and C++ compilers are
detected as Clang then I suspect it's rather old.  They should also be
detected as XL like the Fortran compiler.  Do you get the same XL Fortran
errors using a new version of CMake?

Chuck Atkins
Staff R&D Engineer, Scientific Computing
Kitware, Inc.